License-free Open Source Software for Digital Scheduling of Oncall Duties
Oncall Duty Scheduling
The Oncall Duty Scheduling Module, which was developed by Mettenmeier on behalf of openKONSEQUENZ, enables you to control oncall services based on roles and to inform the responsible employees about their disposition. The oncall service, which is also available for fault clearance outside normal business hours, thus receives a secure database application for recording, changing and documenting oncall schedules.
The aim of many network operators is to map the previously distributed data, for example in Excel files, in a uniform database with defined access rights. This eliminates the need for a lot of manual work to maintain Excel plans, which in some cases are kept across several organisational areas.
The module also improves supply reliability. Incorrect oncall operations and possibly prolonged supply interruptions can be avoided by correct contact information or coordinated oncall schedules.
License-free Open Source Software
The module was developed on behalf of the openKONSEQUENZ initiative as an Eclipse project and is available to all network operators as a free download. Mettenmeier will be happy to assist you with the implementation or individual adaptation of the module.
- Capture of personal data/contact data, data from external service providers (external companies, fire brigades, etc.), functions and regions/divisions
- Definition of oncall groups (interdisciplinary, e.g. network technicians, electricians, drivers, etc.)
- Flexibly definable oncall durations or phases
- Consideration of working days, public holidays and days off
- Annual Scheduling
- Automatic generation/filling of the schedule on the basis of the master data with the option of manual adaption
- Plausibility check of the schedules (e.g. no oncall duties without allocated staff)
- Transfer to the operational level
- Rescheduling according to a predefined scheme
- Changing of schedules during the year, ad-hoc changes
- Short-term scheduling (for example, for special events)
- Request of oncall services by date/time and location and output of master and contact data of the assigned oncall services
- Display of divisions and responsibilities at the selected location
- Weekly schedule , monthly schedule with flexible date selection
- Personal disposition schedule ("my schedule ")
- Occupational schedules of employees on duty by oncall groups
- Output formats: PDF, Excel
- Complete history through traceable database archiving
- Logging of all operator actions performed on the system such as master data changes, schedule creation or schedule changes
- Documentation of the oncall duty actually performed (who was on call at the time of a fault?)
Our Offer for Network Operators
- Agreement on the approach
- Installation of the system
- Setup of test data
- System presentation for key users
- Master data entry
- Customising, e.g. of the user interface or the reports
- Functional enhancements, e.g. approval workflow for supervisors or works council
- Integration with adjacent systems
openKONSEQUENZ is the market-recognised platform for open, modular and secure software developed by consortia, which supports the essential tasks of operating energy and water networks on the basis of coordinated processes.
As a Service Provider Member, Mettenmeier develops OpenSource software for the consortium and the openKONSEQUENZ platform.