Exclusive Standard Solution
NEPLAN Interface to Smallworld GIS
The NEPLAN interface to Smallworld GIS provides data exchange between GIS and the network calculation program NEPLAN and is recommended worldwide as an exclusive standard solution by the manufacturer ABB.
The exchange takes place via a simple, line-column-oriented format, with which also graphic data can be transferred. Differential transfer between Smallworld and NEPLAN data is also possible, for example for difference detection in the event of deletions. Data from other sources can also be transferred via defined NEPLAN interfaces.
The product is preconfigured for the NRMs Electricity, Gas, Water and District Heating. Special requirements can be customised. NEPLAN's extensive resource databases can still be fully used and maintained.
- All data for the calculation is contained in the central GIS database. Data maintenance takes place in the familiar system and maximum data consistency is achieved. Diverging update statuses between the databases are avoided.
- Planning can be carried out on the basis of the actual network status and is therefore up to date. In addition, planning states can be constantly extended and modified (alternative concept). The planning data can be transferred to other special systems for cost calculation purposes.
- The interface prepares all data necessary for the network calculation in complete form, so that no time-consuming data post-processing is necessary.
- The analysis and presentation tools of the network calculation programs are directly available for the GIS user. In addition, the calculation results are available at any place and time.
- The interfaces are freely configurable. Adaptations are possible without programming effort.
- Data selection variants have been predefined in order to automatically compile plausible network data. In this way the data preparation is automated with minimum effort for the user.
Manfred Mathis, ABB AG
As part of an exclusive development and marketing agreement with Mettenmeier, the manufacturer of NRMs, is providing ABB with an optimally adapted standard interface for coupling the NEPLAN grid calculation program with Smallworld GIS. ABB recommends the NEPLAN interface from Mettenmeier GmbH worldwide as a standard integration solution. With this solution, we are convinced that the extensive resource databases of the NEPLAN product can continue to be fully used and maintained.
- Public Utilities Bielefeld
- Public Utilities Witten
- EWR Remscheid