Smallworld NRM Gas is used for professional documentation and management of gas distribution networks.
NRM Gas is certified by, and developed to specifications outlined by the DVGW – German Technical and Scientific Association on Gas and Water.
In addition to network and plant documentation NRM Gas enables the seamless integration of planned assets, as well as the documentation of assets that are out of service or abandoned.
NRM Gas is a proven, high performance, resilient industry focused solution. Its out-of-the-box pre-configured templates, support for multi-Ianguages, and standard data model is designed to drive down total cost of ownership.
Standard Data Model
NRM Gas contains a comprehensive data model that describes the gas supply chain from the regulator station to the customer consumption point including the operational status of valves. Network assets are modelled to different pressure levels:
- High pressure
- Middle pressure
- Low pressure
- Service connection
- Empty conduits (see Pipe Management Module)
Assets may also be differentiated by attribute value (make, type, model. zone etc.). Design management capabilities allow the integration of planned assets with the as-built network providing network tracing and reporting capabilities.
NRM Gas provides the capability to seamlessly display and manage any type of map information. This includes aerial photography, satellite imagery, photographs, scanned plans as well as scale dependent digitised representations of the network asset.
- The gas network may be described geographically, geo-schematically, or schematically including the use of internaI plant views. Inherent logic and business rules ensure the integrity of network information and allow the modelling of gas flows.
- Modelling of all above and below ground network assets
- Support for multi-utilities
- Design and Asset Lifecycle Management
- Map management
- Automated planning tools for complex equipment (e.g. service connections, plant internals etc.)
- Automatic data quality checking
- Schematic generation (manually)
- Comprehensive network tracing
- Pre-configured localised equipment catalogues
- Automated feeder annotation
- Rule based automated data integrity checking
Utilising the Smallworld GIS core platform NRM Gas was designed to improve efficiency, reduce cost and meet the latest regulatory requirements. NRM Gas has high integration proficiency in supporting internal workflows and procedures:
- Consolidated solution to replace existing multiple legacy applications and reduce drawing office backlog – improving records quality and legacy support costs.
- An integrated solution to support business process automation – improve asset data quality and support single point of data entry.
- Improve asset knowledge – reducing asset risk management through use of business intelligent analytical application.
- Interface to 3rd party gas analytics to support improved design management capabilities
- Use of industry standard interfaces (e.g. SAP, SOA) to support improvements in asset maintenances, inspection cycles and outage management; and improvements in customer service
Modules and Additional Products for the NRM Gas
Energy grid operators are obliged to transmit and publish grid structure data to the Federal Grid Agency. The Smallworld grid statistics are available to support the data determination from the Smallworld database. This module is a component of the NRM Gas and is supplied with the following modules:
Gas Grid Statistics
- Number of feeding points
- Lengths of pressure nets
- Number of stations
Gas Single-line Analysis
- Lengths of single-lines
Grid Complexity Gas
- Line grids
- Ring grids
- Mesh grids
These modules can be installed individually or in combinations and have been designed to be simple and user-friendly. This makes equiries with Smallworld Grid Statistics largely self-explanatory for GIS users.
Energy grid operators are obliged to submit the documentation of supply interruptions to the Federal Grid Agency. With the Smallworld disturbance statistic risk supply disturbances can be documented in such a way that the switching actions can be traced and downtimes can be determined. This module is a component of the NRM Gas and is supplied with the following functions:Basic Functions
- Recording Supply Interruptions
- Calculate supply interruption
- Display results of the calculation in the map section
- List calculation results
Optionally, the user also has the option of carrying out the fault documentation in the ERP system. The required information, such as stations and outlets, can then be transferred to the GIS to determine the affected house connections and the results can then be transferred back to the ERP system.
The Fault Statistic consists of an extended data model with additional functions such as:
- Basic functions for determining the affected customers
- Additional functions for data import/export
- Normal editor functions
- Acceptance of switch data
- Determination of the affected connections
- Sequential consideration of switching operations
- Optional: Generation of objects in GIS
- Provision as function without using data storage in GIS (GIS as engine)
- Go to / Display affected connections
- List of affected connections
- Totals for the amount, duration and power
You can use the Operation Analyser to perform analyses of the grid structure and operation for the electricity, gas, water and wastewater divisions. more
News from NRM Development
With version 5.2, GE and Mettenmeier are announcing the next major release of the Smallworld NRMs.
With the NRM TSB 188.8.131.52 Feature Release in 2016, Mettenmeier released a new version of the NRM Gas, Water, Electricity and Wastewater, which contains a large number of new functions and improvements. These have already been successfully implemented in practice:
- EWR Remscheid
- N-ERGIE, Nuremberg
- NEW, Mönchengladbach
- Public Utilities Buchen
- Public Utilities Haltern
- Public Utilities Hamm
- Public Utilities Kamp-Lintfort
- Public Utilities Lünen
- Public Utilities Rinteln
- Public Utilities Soltau
- Public Utilities Witten
- Public Utilities Wesel