One outstanding feature of NRM Electricity is its ability to display single cable sections, multi-line cable sections as well as substations, cabinets and their internals in one integrated solution.
In addition to network and plant documentation NRM Electricity enables the seamless integration of planned assets, as well as the documentation of assets that are out of service or abandoned.
NRM Electricity is a proven, high performance, resilient, industry focused solution. Its out-of-the-box preconfigured templates, support for multi-Ianguages. and standard data model is designed to drive down total cost of ownership.
Standard Data Model
NRM Electricity contains a comprehensive data model that describes the energy supply chain from power generation to customer connection points including the network connection/disconnection status. The IEC-61968 Common Information Model (CIM) is supported and the NRM model is designed close to this standard.
In NRM network assets are modelled differently according to different voltage levels:
- High voltage
- Medium voltage
- Low voltage
- Street lighting
- Telecommunication/information network and empty conduits (see Pipe Management Module)
Assets may also be differentiated by attribute value (make, type, model, zone etc.). Design management capabilities allow the integration of planned assets with the as-built network providing network tracing and reporting capabilities.
NRM Electricity provides the capability to seamlessly display and manage any type of map information. This includes aerial photography, satellite imagery, photographs, scanned maps as well as scale dependent digitised representations of the network asset.
The electrical network may be described geographically, geo-schematically, or schematically including the use of internal plant views and cross sections. Inherent logic and business rules ensure the integrity of network information and allow the modelling of electrical flows. Detail map can be displayed as single or multi-section maps in multiline representation.
- Modelling of all above and below ground network assets
- Support for multi-utilities
- Design and asset lifecycle management
- Map management
- Automated planning tools for complex equipment (e.g. service connections, plant internals etc.)
- Automatic data quality checking
- Schematic generation (manually)
- Comprehensive network tracing
- Pre-configured localised equipment catalogues
- Automated feeder annotation
- Rule based automated data integrity checking
- Cross section module
Utilising the Smallworld GIS core platform NRM Electricity was designed to improve efficiency, reduce cost and meet the latest regulatory requirements. NRM Electricity has high integration proficiency in supporting internal workflows and procedures:
- Consolidated solution to replace existing multiple legacy applications and reduce drawing office backlog – improving records quality and legacy support costs.
- An integrated solution to support business process automation – improve asset data quality and support single point of data entry.
- Improve asset knowledge – reducing asset risk management through use of business intelligent analytical application.
- Interface to 3rd party power analytics to support improved design management capabilities and Distributed Generation requirements.
- Use of industry standard interfaces (e.g. SAP, SOA) to support improvements in asset maintenances, inspection cycles and outage management; and improvements in customer service.
Available add-ons for NRM Electricity
Energy grid operators are obliged to transmit and publish grid structure data to the Federal Grid Agency. The Smallworld Grid Statistics are available to support the data determination from the Smallworld database. This module is a component of the NRM Electricity and is supplied with the following modules:
- Number of objects
- Lengths of circuits
- Lengths of single-lines
- Line grids
- Ring grids
- Mesh grids
These modules can be installed individually or in combinations and have been designed to be easy to use. This makes queries with Smallworld Grid Statistics largely self-explanatory for GIS users.
Energy grid operators are obliged to submit the documentation of supply interruptions to the Federal Grid Agency. With the Smallworld Fault Statistic, supply faults can be documented in such a way that switching operations can be traced and downtimes can be determined. This module is a component of the NRM Electricity application module and is supplied with the following functions:Basic Functions
- Recording supply interruptions
- Calculating supply interruption
- Displaying results of the calculation in the map section
- List calculation results
The user also has the option of carrying out the fault documentation in the ERP system. The required information, such as substations and their connections, can then be transferred to the GIS to determine the affected house connections and the results can then be transferred back to the ERP system.
The Fault Statistics consist of an extended data model with additional functions such as:
- Basic functions for determining the affected customers
- Additional functions for data import/export
- Basic editing functions
- Transfer of switch data
- Determination of the affected connections
- Traceability of switching operations
- Optional: Generation of objects in GIS
- Provision as a function without using data storage (GIS as engine)
- Go to / Display of affected connections
- List of affected connections
- Totals for number, duration, power
The Operation Analyser offers you the unique possibility to carry out electricity network calculations directly in Smallworld GIS. It has been proven that it achieves the same results as a network calculation program in daily planning tasks, e.g. the planning of house connections. In addition, you can carry out analyses of the network structure and network operation for the gas, water and wastewater divisions in addition to the electricity division. more
The Single-line Module, which is based on the NRM Electricity, is the ideal supplement for customers who document their electricity inventory map in single-line mode. The product provides both customers with the classic "multi-line approach" and customers with the "single-line approach" with a first-class solution tailored to their respective needs.
News from the NRM Development
With version 5.2, GE and Mettenmeier are announcing the next major release of the Smallworld NRMs.
With the NRM TSB 220.127.116.11 Feature Release in 2016, Mettenmeier released a new version of the NRM Gas, Water, Electricity and Wastewater, which contains a large number of new functions and improvements. These have already been successfully implemented in practice:
- EWR Remscheid
- N-ERGIE, Nuremberg
- NEW, Mönchengladbach
- Public Utilities Buchen
- Public Utilities Haltern
- Public Utilities Hamm
- Public Utilities Kamp-Lintfort
- Public Utilities Lünen
- Public Utilities Rinteln
- Public Utilities Soltau
- Public Utilities Witten
- Public Utilities Wesel